Wednesday, February 27, 2013

MYSTERY QUILT FINISH

It's so fulfilling when a quilt is finished!
It's kinda like saying...go ahead with that new project!
And here are 3 of my "finally finished" quilts.


2012 Mystery Quilt - Cat's Meow Pattern
I led my work quilting group thru this Mystery Quilt project 
last year.  Click here to see some of their quilts from
this challenge.  Amazing how colors give it a whole different feel.
I am so proud of their dedication and work on this challenge.
Michelle Mayton from Mansfield, Ohio 
did a beautiful custom quilting design!


LOVELY CUSTOM QUILTING


STASH BACKING



My BFF, Shirley Haller, who lives in Indiana, quilted the next tow quilts for me as my Christmas present.  Now that is an awesome present that I won't be returning!   LOL   

This is the NOVA pattern from the book Scrap Basket Quilts.  
 2 1/2" pastel batiks from a guild "fabric swap" 
with a bold jewel tone batik to frame it.


QUILTING CLOSE UP

This 2012 quilt began as a Bento Box pattern.  
I loved the Asian prints but the pattern 
just wasn't speaking to me as I placed it on the design wall. 
So I scrambled up the pieces and used my eyes to design the layout.
Now, I love it!


STASH BACKING




I will keep the Mystery Quilt, but the other Kwilty Pleasures
will end up as gifts to family members.

What's on your "finished" list?



13 comments:

  1. Your "finally finished "quilts are all so wonderful! Especially love the first one...it is so stunning! All of them are beautiful...yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are each wonderful. I love the quilting on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of your finishes are fantastic! I love the softness you designed into that Nova quilt. Looks scrumptious! Also thanks for stopping by and leaving such nice words about my "It's All about Me" mini version. I appreciate them! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm stopping by from Sew Many Ways Friend Friday linky party. Congrats on finishing your quilts, I especially love the Bento Box colors and the way you use your stash to finish the backs. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are wonderful!! And the quilting finishes them off perfectly!
    I wish I had that kind of present from friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts - really pretty. And lovely quilting too. Three finishes in one month is wonderful. (Found you at Lily's)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on three great finishes! I like the Nova pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Kathy!!! Wonderful finishes - love the Mystery Quilt. Lovely job of the quilting too :*)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishes. Beautiful work.
    I just found your blog. I've enjoyed visiting. I am following in my little blue slippers.
    Have a great weekend.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the quilting on the Cat's Meow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Cat's Meow quilt is GORGEOUS!!! Unfortunately, the only thing I've finished this week is getting the receipts in order so our accountant can file our taxes... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh, how pretty! I love the pattern & your colours. The other colourways are amazing too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.