Monday, February 15, 2016

A LOTTA PAVING GOIN ON!

LOTTA JANSDOTTER has paved her way 
and her fabric into my heart!
She is a wonderful, amazing designer!

This year...I am bustin my stash that contains 
her earlier lines like ECHO and GLIMMA

I never buy a pattern first...
Fabric finds its way into my stash then
I search for the perfect pattern
Like this one in a magazine
 "Pave the Way" by Karen L Gray


The chain piecing began...
using the1/4" dual feed foot and long fabric guide
on my Bernina 740 - Ms. Nina 


Threw some rows together


Added solid white shashing and small borders
and voila....top is done!
This pattern really showcases the prints!


I didn't want to buy any fabrics for the backing
as my stash is HUGE!
I hung the Lotta top on the design wall
Found a yard of Lotta and cut it down the fold
hung it in the center of the backing


Kept pulling fabric in building the back like a puzzle.


Til the entire top was covered with some room to spare for kwilting. Just mixed it the placements til I liked it!


And I "paved" right over two of the challenges
I am participating in!



Who is one of your favorite designers!
I know you have more than one!




2 comments:

  1. Yeah for you. A nice top and back and all from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun quilt and a great way to use stash...love it! I do the same thing with fabric. Buy it and then figure out what pattern to use.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.