Monday, June 13, 2016

UNDER THE SEA...

It has been several months since I joined an IG swap...
when I saw this one...I drank the sea water!





This one is hosted by
Carla Peicheff over on IG


I love the sea...I love the beach...sew why not!
First order of business was to make a collage
of "Under the Sea" items / fabric I like.

I did a mix of projects and fabrics for my swap collage
to give my partner an idea of things I like.
Of course...I am always happy for whatever I receive!
I asked for either a tote, a table runner, or a zippy pouch. 


 I went to my stash to sea what I had on hand
I may or may not use these choice...
Depends on "if" my partner responds "like" on IG
and what she lists as her fav fabrics.

Lots of folks have indicated they "like" this 
but many say "too juvenile"
Deep, Deep Sea by Michael Miller
 I did buy it with a baby quilt in mind.


Snatched these FQs at a local modern quilt guild sale 
Riley Blake - Maritime Modern..just might work!
My partner seems to like subtle colors


Should I have received a partner who loves
darker blues and browns...got that covered too!
Maybe I'll make an "angel" gift in case its needed.
That happens when someone flakes and drops out
of the swap...I hope they get drenched in the water
if they do!



As I was surfing for nautical fabrics I found this
Heather Ross, Modern Maritime. and ordered some
..cause well I like it and have NONE of it!
I wish my partner was a bit more active on IG...
but I do see her collage and 
 I can whip up some Kwilty Pleasures in a heartbeat!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.