Sunday, September 25, 2016

MY ASHEVILLE NC YARN CRAWL

Finally posting about my yarn crawl thru 
the Asheville NC area...
If you travel and like to find great yarn shops...read on!
Sorry for some poor lighting on the pics
and I had permission from all owners to take them!


Purls Yarn Emporium is in downtown Asheville
A street full of boutiques and this was a great one!


Llamas and sheep caught me eye immediately
on this wall hanging 
and the yarn yumminess began!


Oh what's that I see....more wool babies!


A great sofa for those who wish to sit and stitch 
or to wait on me...this took a while!


Just a street over was Earth Guild.  
Many hand crafting supplies including yarn!


This is a great shawl is  "A Simple Shawl" by Yarn Smith...
a former employee designed it...they were out of it and I can't find it...anyone have this pattern? 


Asheville NC Home Crafts, is a full service yarn shop, 
located downtown in the Gorge Arcade building.
Lots of unique shops in this area!
And restaurants on the streets outside!


Several rooms full of colorful yarn and finished items.


Cute felted hats and more shawls and scarves!



I found this scarf and decided I could do this 
simple Chevron pattern.



They only had 1 skein in the color I wanted
So I ordered another skein on line and it arrived home before me!


This one is going on vacation with me...
I need it done for fall and winter!


A short drive to N Merrimon Ave I found the Knitting Diva. 

Very chic and a modern vibe.
They now offer batik fabrics for sale as well. 




How cute is this tree displaying yarn!


Sit and stitch?  I might never get up!



Rows and rows of delectable delights!



Next stop "Friends and Fibers" in nearby Candler, NC
This shop was stuffed to the gills with yarn
and southern hospitality!



My driver, Phil, picked out and bought me this pattern.
I guess I should get it made sooner than later!  


There was soooooo much to see in the shop
it was difficult to take it all in!


Eye Candy Overload!
They have a great system to find any pattern you want
and the yarn to go with!


I hope if you visit Asheville, NC you will stop in and say hi
to all the folks who sit and stitch!
Tell them Kathy from Kwilty Pleasures sent you!

PS every spring there is a yarn crawl in Western NC 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.