Wednesday, May 24, 2017

MY GHASTLIES MAKE IT TO QUILT MARKET!

My Ghastlie "claim to fame"  just happened!


Like many of you, I could not attend Spring Quilt Market
to see the Alexander Henry Booth in person...
and my Ghastlies quilt!
But here it is in all its glory with perfect staging!


Alexander Henry Fabrics has given me permission
to share the photos in this post with you!

The quilt displayed here is made with the 2016 release of
"Something Ghastlie This Way Comes"
 The @alexanderhenryfabrics and @theghasltlies
both follow my work on Instagram 
and THEN....Ghastlie magic happened!

It's never to early for Christmas and I made this stocking a couple years ago 
using the Ghastlies Christmas print in deadly mauve!


My "Ring of Coffins" pillow features early Ghastlie prints 
in the coffins and the center focus is 
 Widower Gunnar Grislie headed into the cemetery!
(yes Grislies are part of the Ghastlie family)

Jesse an Art School Dropout is the pattern designer.  
Purchase the Ring of Coffins pattern click here and
to check out tips and tricks on Jesses' blog, click here

A view before market...those flowers!  
My heart be still! The flowers and the shadows
and their Widows Peek home!


Here at market, the pillow is paired with some Ghastlie Potions.


These Ghastlie baskets and pincushions belong to me...
they were made Julie Rousculp of Handmade by Jaia. 
as part of a Halloween Swap on Instagram

The beautiful yarns displayed atop Ghastlie fabric
again...the booth designers...nailed it!



Lots of wonderful Ghastlie Bags by Patricia Woods of 
Purse Your Lips (UK) To see her website click here
This moth and spider web fabric is in my stash!




Ghastlie Shirts made by GITMAN Vintage custom shirts 
are custom made for the show and amazing!  


Booth Shelves are full of Ghastlie Goodness!


Let me introduce you to the Alexander Henry Fabrics
"Ghastlies" DeLeon Design Group.
Phillip, Nicole DeLeon 
They are siblings and center stage!
Left is Miho Tsukimura, production department at AH
Right is John Gurman, Sales Rep from Pittsburgh, PA

Such a Ghastlie Group!


 I am a maker, I am a Ghastlie obsessed maker!
And now I have this honor of showing my Ghastlie works
at Quilt Market in the Alexander Henry booth!

I am  "over the Ghastlie moon" HAPPY!




5 comments:

  1. WOW! WOW! WOW! I LOVE the Ghastlies fabric and everything about it. I've never seen a lot of what you've shown but, boy-o-boy it's all so beautiful "Ghastly Beautiful". 😊 Your quilt is wonderful and the Ring of Coffins, that's fantastic, so creative. I wish we had a fabric store in my area that carried the Ghastlies fabric, there aren't many fabric stores and the few we have don't carry much in my taste. You would think that in New York on Long Island we would have some choices but, unfortunately we're lacking in that area. Even online I haven't seen most of what you've shown, just the basic Ghastly line. I'm hoarding my Ghastlies until I can get a larger variety. I usually check while on vacation. Thanks for brightening up my morning! Toni Anne ;->

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy that is so wonderful. I am not a Ghastlies fan but your words are great.
    Congratulations on being part of the "Ghastlie" display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you and your new Ghastlie fame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought my first piece of Ghastlies and now I want more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.