Sunday, December 3, 2017

KWILTY SHOW

My first solo quilt show has come and gone!
I am reviewing my journal to see what
the visitors had to say about their experience.

Today I will share some photos of the 16 pieces
I had in the show at
Inniswood Metro Gardens
Westerville, OH
November, 2017

Two of my favorite quilt EVER!
COMMA.JUST.COMMA and
CHURNING BY THE SEA


MY ARTIST BIO
it's tough to write something about yourself
so I had a friend fine tune it.


Some of my older wall hangings.
I have been quilting for almost 30 years.

Red Beauty Bird is a simple 9 patch
and an appliqued red bird on a branch




Three wall hangings on the right include 
two flowers that were
Paint Chip Challenges, and an
Autumn Harvest Sampler


Here is a view of the entire wall.
I sold the pink coneflower wall hanging.



This wall shows
Woodland Fairies...SOLD
A Mystery Quilts pattern called Cat's Meow, 
but I named the quilt, Dreaming of Hawaii
(I call this my transitional piece between Traditional to Modern)
Modern quilting had not raised its pretty head yet.

and  a Nested Churn Dash called
"That's My Business"


And this wall featured some of my most current pieces.
Florence the Flamingo
Hattie the Hedgehog
A Charley Harper wall hanging
Charley Harper Chickadees - Swoon Block "hack"
My Ghastlies quilt that was featured 
in the Alexander Henry booth at Spring, Quilt Market, 2017



The emotion I felt once all quilts were hung and I
could see them in one place, was overwhelming.

They spoke to me to say
You are a quilter, you do have talent
and you should continue this journey as long as possible. 
(and your Mom would be so very proud of you)


Thanks for joining me today!
But more important than that...
Thank you for all the support and friendship 
that you have given me in person,
here on my blog and on Instagram!



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The show looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are beautiful and how cool to have a show. Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is super cool to have your own show. They look so fantastic, all up there. You definitely need to keep going as long as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you definitely do have talent! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.