Wednesday, July 4, 2018

HE'S A YANKEE DOODLE DANDEE!

I have a Yankee Doodle Dandee who lives next door
to me and my front porch!


A perfect neighbor born on the 4th of July!

He lets the neighbor borrow his power washer,
his mower, he snow blows our drives,
He looks after our homes when we are away
be it a week or 3 months. 


I decided to make him a quilt to thank him
for all his does for my family...
and to help celebrate his birthday!

I found these "Freedom" charm packs by Moda
in my stash along with the solid cream fabric. 


I selected the free pattern from 
 the Fat Quarter Shop
Charm Pack Cherry quilt pattern



It wasn't quite big enough to suite me...
so I added a 3" border all around.
Then the top and bottom got a 5" border 
with more charms and cream fabric.


"Peas and Carrots" by American Jane...
that was perfect for the backing.
ahhh...this has been in my stash for about 10 years.


This is a very quick quilt to make...
and you can adjust to a size you need
by adding or removing charms.


I did a simple meander with a few stars to FMQ it.
And check out the label...
"TBDNITL"
stands for "The Best Damn Neighbor In the Land"
it's an Ohio State thing...



The end result...a very masculine
red-white-blue birthday quilt!


for a Yankee Doodle Dandee kinda guy!




Happy 4th of July America!
Happy Birthday Mark Wilson!









5 comments:

  1. I love the quilt and a neighbor like that is a treasure! Seems like you are a good neighbor too, to make the quilt for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just perfect. I'm sure he'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous Mrs. Kathy. I am sure he will treasure it always. A wonderful keepsake of great neighbors .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabrics and design for a masculine quilt. I'm certain he will appreciate immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.