Saturday, August 4, 2018

RANGE BACKPACK

Back to school is a mixed bag of worms.
Some people are happy to see it arrive.
Others...not so much!

The only thing I need to watch for are kids on the streets
and school bus congestion in a particular area of my neighborhood.

BUT I did sew my first RANGE BACKPACK by Noodlehead
And yes...it is in my school colors, Scarlet and Gray colors!
GO BUCKS!


I used Essex Linen for the exterior/lining and black cork 
for the bottom section.
My intent to sew this bag last May, at a quilt retreat.
I cut it out and labeled the pieces using labels in the pattern. 


After retreat, it sat on my ironing board til July.   
I thought it was gonna be difficult.
Much to my delight...Noodlehead did not disappoint!
 The instructions were excellent and easy.
Look at those slider straps...my first installation!


I quilted my own design on the back exterior section,
layering the linen, batting and duck cloth.


Of course I have Buckeye Football charms laying around.
What a perfect zipper pull.


I will make more of these bag...I am pretty sure
Santa might find a few in the big red bag 
for Christmas gifts.



4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing and not at all like a home-sewn bag! You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I'm sure anyone that receives one from Santa this year will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a professional finish, nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.