Friday, October 19, 2018

Halloween Finishes 

Halloween is fast approaching!  
 I have made 3 new Halloween quilts this year!
Lots of my Ghastlie fabric collection is 
looking good in a quilts, rather than sitting on a shelf!

I used the these first 4 lines of Ghastlies fabric.



Ghastlies Peep Show
I used the Thimbleblossoms "Red Velvet" pattern
with a couple X blocks revised to my liking.


The backing (and binding) is a green/black Halloween print 
I have had in my stash for several years.
Stash pink and gray prints / most of them Ghastlie prints.
Green border is KONA and I bought it.

I had a few 8 1/2" focus fabric squares of fabric cut
so I made some black and white dot squares...
Fun piano key FMQ on the black and green borders.


and made this insert for the backing.
The quilt finished at .



The second Ghastlie quilt was made using the
2017 Ghastlies Moments panel cutting 5 1/2" squares!
Added lots of stash solids and Ghastlie prints.



 Mathilde Ghastlie is just awesome!
A fun sharp-angled FMQ quilt design on this one!

Back was a combo of larger stash FQs and Ghastlie fabrics
(remember I am using stash fabrics)

Next up is a Blue Nichols Quilt Pattern
My stash of Cotton and Steel fabric
"Spellbound and Boo" 
Stash black, gray prints for the backgrounds 
and GRUNGE tree trunks
I deviated from the pattern's two horizontal rows
and made the top symmetrical for my...
"Haunted Forest"


The backing is yardage from Zen Chic's COMMA line
that I had hoarded for a long time.


I had some C&S Halloween prints left
so a horizontal row along the bottom part of the quilt
added a pop of color.


All 3 of these quilts were long arm quilted by 
Michelle Mayton in Mansfield Ohio.

I have one more Ghastlies quilt sent to my friend
and fellow guild member for
Central Ohio Modern Quilters
and, Columbus Modern Quilters. 
Cassandra is making great quilts and accolades
and I am lucky to have her quilt this one for me.
Check out Cassandras blog here

I will have a full post on this quilt once it is completed.
but for now..a sneak peek!



I hope this post will inspire you to 
GO ON and CUT THE DAMN FABRIC!
Use it...you will be glad you did!

Tell me, what is your favorite Halloween fabric?



2 comments:

  1. yes! cut the fabric! liberate that fabric! let it dance! Gorgeous quilts btw. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, as you knew I would. :) Some day I'm going to find the time to use my Ghastlies fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.