Tuesday, October 15, 2019

CHRISTMAS SEWING

I didn't get all my Christmas in July projects completed...
but I put a great dent in them.
I make Christmas things...not because I need them,
but because I love Christmas and sewing them!

I got the Economy Blocks for this top done.


And in July I did finish the top.
I need to make the back...maybe a flannel sheet.
It will be for my hubby!



Next up was a Vintage Truck/Christmas Tree project.
I had lots of  fabric to choose from and
the modern take on this pattern had to happen.





I decided I didn't like the trees in 
the back of the truck or the trees..
Sew I drew my own tree design and round wheels.
They will be appliqued down with stitching.
A wall hanging size and it will be perfect
for my dining room which has this truck theme
at Christmas time.

Backing is made...its ready to quilt.




I had hoarded a lot of Cotton and Steel Christmas prints.
Garland and Tinsel lines.  I got this book last year and the pattern on the front 
called Snowball Games seemed perfect. 




First I made a table topper and a table runner.
Cause I was gonna use them in my guest bedroom.

Table Topper


Table Runner


Well..I changed my mind.
 I decided a friend of mine would like this
as a quilt and it will be her Christmas gift.
Sew I took things apart and made this top.



Backing is done and its ready to be quilted.
Binding will be the fun pink/purple/blue fabric
 in the backing.



I started these Modern Christmas tree blocks last year.


I did get a lot of blocks done and have some
white GRUNGE on standby for the top design.

Here are my blocks on the design wall.
Not sure I want to go this way with it.
The layout will come...when I have time to 
figure it all out.


I never got to this beauty.
WHITE CHRISTMAS fabrics by Zen Chic

Mainly because I can't decide which Zen Chic pattern 
to use.  Perhaps I will combine both and make my own version.
Well that's a project for next year.


All in all...I am way ahead of the Christmas Sewing.
I am organizing a Holiday Sew In on Nov 2
for  the Columbus Modern Quilters.
Maybe a few of these will be ready to bind!

Have you started on your Holiday Sewing?


2 comments:

  1. Kathy, you have some really cute projects you are working on! I love the truck projects and will be watching for their finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have great Christmas projects going. :) I love the way you put different buffalo-check colors on the diagonal for your husband's quilt, as well as your personalization of the tree truck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.