Wednesday, September 23, 2020

SEWCIAL DISTANCE X 3

The 3rd Sewcial Distance Quilt
 Kim Hensley and I have sewn apart/together
is The Iris Quilt by Erica Jackman
@kitchentablequilting

Its a Jelly Roll quilt and sew
one would think quick and easy!

Well let's just talk fabrics for now.
We shopped our stash and I found...
Cosmo Crickets' Circa 1934 Jelly roll
and I found 2 charm pack.
I had the red GRUNGE in my stash.
I used a KONA cream for the sashing.


I also have 2 charm pack of circa 1934
and that will be worked into the backing.


It didn't take long to cut the pieces.


Kim decided she was going to make TWO!

She found this Juniper Berry in her stash
and some coordinating fabrics for the accent
and the sashing.


Here is Kim's Juniper Berry Holiday fabric
all cut and ready to sew!


Her second selection of fabrics is Hoopla


Cutting...quick and easy.


Sewing the units was also quick and easy.
Yes this is gonna be awesome!
I picked the right fabrics.


and Kim's Hoopla was a fast sew!



That's where the fun stopped.
I have much more to say about this quilt pattern...
but it deserves a post of its own...
I am very HAPPY I am only sewing ONE!




 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.