Monday, January 25, 2021

TESTED

Erica Jackman aka @kitchentablequilting
reached out and asked me to pattern test The Naomi
quilt pattern for her.

Of course I said YES.  I love to pattern test.
I love giving feedback and using up stash at the same time.


In my stash I found several Maritime Modern FQs by MODA.
Enough to make a baby quilt, with a few other prints and some solids.


I  cut my blocks out 'one at a time" to make sure I like the fabrics together.


I also find it helpful to use a card with the various fabrics.
or in this case fabric colors for making blocks.


A block layout design that comes with the pattern
is very helpful.  There are also coloring pages, which l didn't use.


 I sewed the blocks one at a time.
Centers were fussy cut and different for various blocks.




When I had 12 blocks I made the top.


I turned in my feedback and took pictures 
for Erica to blog about on 1/22/21(tomorrow)
when the pattern releases.

BUT my plans changed for the size.
A dear friend has been TESTED to the limit.
She had mentioned how she liked this design
when I posted pics of my FB page.
I added the borders to make it a nice lapsize.
I was too lazy to make more blocks!
I hope to visit her later in the year and this will go with me!



I had to purchase some extra fabrics, but
I found them on Etsy for $2 / yard.
WHAT?

I used up a lot of it on the backing.


So here is the top on the backing. 
I still have to cut the batting
and quilt it...not sure when that will happen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.