Wednesday, August 18, 2021

DASHING ALONG

I will begin by saying...
I seldom get involved with Sew Alongs Challenges

BUT when Kairlie Oaks showed up
on Instagram with the #dashalong
I couldn't resist.

Use 1 precut layer cake
Some backing
and make Churn Dash Blocks.

WIN-WIN-WIN

I had a very old Wrens and Friends layer cake by MODA



And plenty of white in my stash for the background.


The stacks were ready and the chain piecing was easy and fast.


The colors in this layer cake are sew fun and happy!


Then came the HST...this took the most time!


Ahhh, yes....sew pretty!


Before I knew it the Churn Dash Blocks were done.
AND wrapping up Week 3, with a long weekend vaction,
didn't stop my progress


Easy on the eyes as I placed the 30 blocks
on my design wall


Week 4 was sewing all the blocks together.
And here it is...

This top will most likely become a charity top.


And the kicker of it all....I won a prize package that included all this!


Thanks to all the sponsors of the #dashalong

@kairleoaks
@modafabrics
@mandipersell
@heritagethreads




I don't think this will be my last sew along challenge.
Do you ever sew along with these challenges?



















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on our win! That quilt turned out very nicely. Sometimes those sew alongs do help with the motivation level.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.