Saturday, October 16, 2021

ANGLIEE'S HARPERS

Angilee Berry was a lady who lived in Indiana. I live in Ohio.
What were the chances we would ever meet, much less, become friends.

In 2019 I put together a Holiday Sew Day for local quilters.
It was there I found this wonderful lady sitting across from me
at her sewing machine. 


She was a friend of some quilty friends and because she was a quilter, 
they invited her to join in the fun!
We became friends that day and our journey continued on FB sharing
quilts, fabric choices and a love for Charley Harper fabrics.

But that day...we chatted, laughed and had the best time!
Angilee participated in the holiday shenanigans
like participating in this "needle minder" make and take.


She also wore her Ugly Christmas Sweater, because there was a contest !
She's hiding back there in very back, peeking over my shoulder.



Anglilee brought a quilt book for the gift exchange.
There she is back row, 2nd from the right.


Once she found out on FB, that I like Charley Harper fabrics
she sent me some for a King size quilt I was making, for my guest room.

These cute owls!


Nesting birds


Mischievous Racoons


And skunks.



Angilee kept saying... I can't wait to see this one finished.
Little did I know what that really meant.
I had no idea she was battling cancer.

Angilee passed away earlier this year and never saw this quilt finished.
I am sew happy some of her fabrics in my quilt.


She touched my life in person for only one day.
But her kindness, gentle nature and great smile...
will be with me, forever.
I have my quilt finished but it will be in another post.

And I have named the quilt "Angilee's Harpers"
In loving memory of a wonderful lady, our friendship,
her love of quilts and Charley Harper.

RIP my sweet quilty friend.









3 comments:

  1. So sorry for the loss of your friend, but how wonderful you two were able to connect through Sew Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet tribute and a great name for the quilt. Looking forward to the post with the finished quilt.
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you lost your friend and I'm sure you will cherish the memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.