Monday, November 1, 2021

GHASTLIES IN THE GARDEN

I love a good pumpkin quilt.
HOCUS POCUS by The Pattern Basket
ended up in my sewing room.

Well Pumpkins are still around in November!
Sew take a peek!


I pulled fabrics and began to read the pattern.
I was quite disappointed to learn the instructions had
you cut and make one block at at time.


I don't always follow rules...I don't like rules.
Sew I cut the block pieces,
but did not sew them.
Sew many tiny pieces....I am not happy!
I put it away for awhile.

I had an idea, since I first saw this pattern,
 to incorporate something else into the pumpkins.


Look closely, there's something Ghastlie about to happen.


YES! I designed each Pumpkin with a piece of Ghastlies fabric in them.


There are 3 sizes of pumpkins for a total of 20 pumpkins






I was tired of making the pumpkins.  I put the stems and leaves aside
and made 7 black stars next.


After more fussying around with very tiny pieces....
and adding a border...
The top was completed!


My quilty friend, Kim Hensley, just got a Innova Computerized longarm machine.
She wanted to quilt this for me.
Well...she said...the Ghastlies demanded to be quilted!

She used a quilting design called Fall Surprise...
It's pumpkins and a vine with leaves.


Her long arm skills are moving forward like a tornado!


Binding was a black and white Ghastlies weave print.


And the Ghastlie Pumpkin Patch quilt was done!
It's sew darkly devine!


The backing is just orange yardage from my stash,


This is the 'obligatory" pic of my Hubby, Phil
with the finished quilt over him...in his recliner.
I have been taking these pics for years!


I hope your Pumpkin Patch is full of great color and dark shadows!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Halloween Quilt! I love your take on pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.