Tuesday, May 17, 2022

A WALK IN THE WOODS

I had a fun time sewing at this beach in April.
My Instagram friend, Cory, who lives in Alabama,
 and I decided to do a sewcial distance project apart/together. 
We opened it to others as a sewalong...and a few
people began it and some finished it. 

I have had the 'free'  TYPE IT pattern by Zen Chic on my radar
for awhile and its a jelly roll quilt.
I didn't want anything that would take too much time...
cause THE BEACH!



I found a Jelly roll by Aneela Hoey in my stash.
"A Walk in The Woods"
I also had a white jelly roll
and some other fabrics that can become
the backing if I sew choose.



I sewed the strips together and selected random colors
for sections.  Sometimes sections are easier to manage.


I didn't have much room in the condo,
sew after sewing the strips together
I used the kitchen counter as my design wall.


One makes do with what one has to work with.


As I began sewing the strips together
The love seat became my design wall,


Once it was all sewn together
the lanai railing became the design wall.
with the ocean as a perfect backdrop.



It really was a fast sew and then because it was fabric
called "A Walk in the Woods"
I needed "A Walk in the Woods" for a photo shoot.

And now make like Lil Red Riding Hood and 
enjoy the walk in the woods aka
Vereen Memorial Gardens, Little River, SC



















I am home now but this baby quilt has ended up at the bottom
of quilts to finish. There's a baby yet to be acknowledged,
who will love this one!

Before I go...let me show you the TWO quilts Cory made.

She had some great Bonnie & Camille!



I love her version of a Low Volume Christmas prints quilt!


And another finisher was Angi Jean who used a Jelly Roll
by Poppy and Posey by Dodi Lee Paulson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.