Friday, February 3, 2023

ORIGINS

I never got my post together until now
regarding this pattern I tested last fall.

ORIGINS QUILT by Lifting Limits Quilts.
Carrie Cordes did an excellent job designing this fun and easy quilt.


I like to pattern test with an end result
of having a quilt top I can donate to one of my
favorite quilting charity groups.
Usually that is Stitching Sisters here in Columbus, OH
We make lap quilts for cancer patients at the
local OSU hospitals.

I bring fabric home from their sewing center,
as they have lots of donations.
Then the hunt begins to find fabric for
the current pattern I am testing.


I pulled some purple, blues and whites out and began sewing the strip sets.



Before I knew it I had the first part of strip sets made.


And shortly after that my deign wall 
came alive with the pretty colors.


Lighting outside was finally good...
sew it was photo opp day




Such a bright and happy quilt
amongst the garden that was sleeping.







One of my fav pics is this one.
My neighbors house has the perfect little fence
and pretty decking wall.


My hubby and quilt wrestler helped me get a good shot.


If you like this pattern you can purchase it here.
It's beginner friendly and FQ friendly as well!

Since I used the Stitching Sisters fabrics...
this one will go to them.

What charity projects are you helping?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.