Tuesday, May 9, 2023

CHRISTMAS PICNIC

NOT everything is a PICNIC
But February 2023 found Kim Hensley and I leading a 
PICNIN QUILT SewAlong over on Instagram.

This pattern by Sew Mama Sew is EPIC!
It's ONE block, built with several units, repeated over and over!
Many sizes and many fabric options.


When I saw this Christmas s version I absolutely LOVED it!
I had lots of big Christmas Scraps that could work for it!
Now Kim, found the fabrics here and bought them.
AND she is making 2 for the SewAlong.


I pulled my Basic Grey  Hustle and Bustle scraps!
And found a couple others to add into the Christmas mix!


Cut and stay organized!


I made two test blocks.
Left side was put together as the pattern suggested.
Right block was more scrappy...my choice.
The only fabric I kept the same
was the green dot.


Lots of chain piecing and this went together very fast.


I laid it all out on the floor.
I am loving this scrappy look!


And the flimsy is complete!




Backing, binding and batting all ready for longarmer...
who happens to be Kim!


all finished!




1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.