Monday, September 30, 2024

pattern Test - HOLDONG hearts

I love to oattern test for Corrine Wells at
Frannie B Quilt Comoany!

I recently tested this pattern…
I needed it to fit the perimeters of my charity quilts
for Stitching Sisters. 

I wasn’t crazy about the small hearts or 
Setting the blocks in point. 



I cut and labeled the pieces I would use if the various blocks.
I am using fabrics I got from the Stitching Sisters stash.

Fabrics sorted and labeled for 3 blocks 

Block A


Block B


Block C


Because there were a lot of pieces that needed diagonal line sewing
I used my handy dandy tape for fast and easy units. 


Lots of chain piecing went very fast. 


Building blocks and taking notes about the test.


Love these colors. 


Sashings for the background were all white. 


Colors are popping!



I even had a pretty backing for this one,
Also from stitching Sisters Stash.
It’s why the top and backing and binding
Will all go back to them!


This is where the pattern design changes.

I did NOT make the tiny hearts.
I did NOT set the blocks on point.
I DID add sashing to build the quilt to size I needed.


I love it!


And so will a cancer patient, going thru treatments.


It’s off to a long arm quilter, now for final finish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.