Sunday, March 29, 2015

SHOP HOPPIN IN THE SAND!

 This is one of those posts I wrote last year
and it got lost in the shuffle.   
Still relevant..although the fabric displays may have changed.

Better late than never...right?

If you are headed to Florida for summer vacation
here are some shops I recommend!
Timeless Treasures
has two shops...
one in Ocala and one in Crystal River, Florida


Nice selection of fabrics and patterns
Great sale room with $1.00 FQs 







Quilt Lovers Hangout
 Fort Myers and I've been here a couple times
 Friendly staff, lots of fabric.




Good selection of fabrics from traditionals to batiks and some modern designers.  Lots of purse and quilt samples to admire. 








Suzi Qs
N. Fort Myers


A small shop with limited fabric selection.
Been there...don't that...quickly!



Kaffe Fasset was the most "modern" fabric I could find.
But I'm not a fan! (wink)



 The cute novelty/baby fabrics were displayed in a fun way.
  


Port Charlotte Sewing Center
N Port Charlotte, FL
 Bernina dealer, some fabrics 



Small store, two shelves of 40% off fabrics




Sew Worth It
in Sarasota, Florida more traditional fabrics
with a few modern designers in the mix.



 Displays are nicely arranged.






I have to agree
Life is better in Flip Flops


Do you check out the LQS when you travel?


2 comments:

  1. I even have an app for that. And a wonderful supportive husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH and I visited The Quilt Lover's Hangout when we went on our first vacation together. Ended up with a quilt kit, and a gorgeous batik pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.