Wednesday, October 18, 2017

QUILTS FOR HARVEY

There has been so much disaster and loss for many people
in the past hurricane season.  

I had some "test pattern" tops finished that were in my UFO pile. 
A call came out on Instagram to make "Quilts for Harvey" 
   I did not miss a beat making backings,bindings and
mailing these out for quilting.  

 Woven Fence, by Andrea Aldredge @scarletkey 


I love this pattern!  Its quick, easy and makes up into 
several sizes...this is a baby quilt!
You can buy her pattern here on Craftsy!


Next test pattern, Shades, by Emily Lang.   
I keep asking @mommysnaptime for her link 
so folks can purchase the pattern but nothing yet.  




Last, but certainly not least,  a lap size top made 
with Raspberry Kiss blocks that were part of a swap
on Instagram, hosted by Jessica, @craftycop


This was tough to let go, but I felt it was the right thing to do!


I was surprised when someone on Instagram commented 
on one of my posts of this "pay it forward moment" 
that money is what is needed, not quilts. 
Seriously?  

I think it is important to "Pay it Forward" 
anyway our hearts tell us too!
And besides, Harvey was my Dad's name
He would be proud of me doing this!




How do you pay it forward?















2 comments:

  1. See!? There is a good reason why we quilters end up with so many UFOs. There's always a need somewhere! Love your donations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.