Sunday, November 19, 2017

A DIFFERENT WAY TO GHASTLIE!

Do you remember the Ghastlie Dolls that came out in 2016?  

The Ghastlies - Voodoo Doll Project - 24" x 44" PANEL Quilt Fabrics from www.eQuilter.com

Well of course I have a bunch of them.

However, I did NOT want to make the dolls.
I had other ideas and eventually 
found a pale green denim jacket at the thrift store..
added heat and bond to the back of the dolls,
and found a Sebastian and pumpkin
for my jacket back design!


After pressing them onto the jacket
I stitched them down with a buttonhole stitch!


Added a bit of fun to a front pocket!
I need new buttons and I may add more embellishment...
the jacket will tell me.



I also gave my BFF Shirley, this beauty...
She added it to a blue denim cotton shirt.
She took a pocket off the shirt and added some 
black stitches to hide the hole.
SMART!




Just because you have fabric that was made for "something"
doesn't mean it shouldn't become "something else!
Create outside the box...especially with Ghastlies!



2 comments:

  1. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.