Thursday, August 8, 2019

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - PROJECT 2


Its a Cotton and Steel Christmas in July project!
Simply Modern Christmas by Cindy Lammon
I got this book last year as a gift in the
Instagram  #getyourquiltywishesgrante
(and its a signed copy)

I have been collecting Cotton and Steel fabrics,
Tinsel and Garland lines, for some time. 


I selected a soft gray background from my stash.
White seemed stark, even though the blocks are SNOWBALLS!


This book is packed with great patterns.
But Snowball Games was my choice.


This project began...as a lap quilt.
I thought it would be a fun sofa throw.


Lots of 2 1/2" squares to make the sashing.


On the design wall and I started thinking...
what do I really want to make!
A quilt, wall hanging?  
I often change my mind...mid stream.


I though about my guest room voila! 
A table runner to go on the hope chest.


Wall hanging to hang above it.



I am now to this point....its ready to quilt...
BUT WAIT...
now I am thinking of someone who might really like this
as a quilt.   I will have to visit with her and find out
what she might like in her house.
She commented on IG that she loved this fabric and projects.
The hard part will be keeping the secret.

I have the backing...just need to quilt
unless she wants a quilt...then I have to combine
sew more sewing will be needed. 
She is worth the work...either way.








1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.