Thursday, August 22, 2019

A QUILTERS GARDEN OF CHAOS

I have NEVER EVER been on a bus shop hop like the one I was on in July...
from Lawrenceburg, Indiana to Frankenmuth, MI

BUYER BEWARE!

There was no pre-trip communication from the shop, no trip agenda, shops dropped off the schedule due to bus drivers limited driving time,  many shops didn't know we were coming and a trip leader (not the shop owner) who didn't know much of anything, including IF we would get shop discounts.  

I sent an email to the owner because there was NO feedback survey form.  She didnt' like it cause after doing 4 or 5 sold out bus trips she must be doing something right" ahhh 40 of 54 seats
is not SOLD OUT and I hate math!

 Apparently I was the only 1 of 40 to complain. 
Perhaps  I was  the 1 of 40 who had to balls to speak up.
  Quilters Garden should up their customer service and communication skills!

All that being said, my partner in quilting crime and I 
found some fun regardless of the unorganized trip!

Sew let me share the shops I enjoyed
The Quilt Foundry in Maumee, OH

Beautiful historical building


now a lovely quilt shop.


This shop had a nice mix of fabrics
and patterns.  


I was surprised to see 'A Day in Paris" by Zen Chic
one of the few Modern Designers in the shop


A great selection of GRUNGE


Guicy Guice fabrics were vibrant and caught my eye!


The Busy Thimble in Bowling Green, OH  knew we were coming...
15% discount and actually had a gift for us!


A mostly traditional shop...lots of MODA


Great Christmas Fabrics tucked in a corner


My favorite shop of the entire trip
 was located in Ann Arbor, MI
As an OHIO STATE BUCKEYE fan
 I have finally found something I like in that town!

THIS SHOP did NOT know we were coming
I was sew embarrassed when the trip leader, argued with
the owner, that the SHOP DID KNOW we were coming!
The shop owner had called them (when? a year ago?)
The shop, fortunately, had plenty of staff and did offer a nice discount regardless of the disrespect!


Pretty fabrics covering all quilting aesthetics... 
in a VERY LARGE SHOP





Pretty Quilts hanging everywhere









My bigger purchases were these.
Gray and white are for quilt backs
Gold, purple, green I needed for a Mystery Quilt backing
and the last was a sale piece.


Other fun fabrics from various shops to add to my stash.


Yes, I buy fabrics I don't need and who knows if I will use them.  Its my Kwilty Pleasure, after all.
Thanks for stopping by today.  
I don't vent disapproval very often but when you
pay good money for a trip, there are expectations.
 Bad customer service is NOT one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.