Sunday, July 19, 2020

FLAG QUILT

Before July has slipped by...I wanted to share 
my finished Stars and Stripes quilt,
 pattern by Thimbleblossoms.

I started this in 2019, making the blocks at a quilt retreat.
It is quick and easy but it sat in a pile of  "to quilt" projects.
My friend, Coleen Rains, offered to quilt this one
'on the house' as she learned about how to use
 her new longarm machine.


We played with a wave design
and decided a long soft wave was perfect.
Like a flag, gently waving in the wind.


Binding was blue/white and perfect to frame this beauty.
I love the yellow gingham I selected for the background.
The backing was a fabric I had in my stash for over 10 years.
A "Pez" print by American Jane!


And then, there is the obligatory and traditional photo 
of my husband Phil, under the quilt I just finished.
He served in the US Navy in the 60s
and loves all things patriotic!

He also loves my quilts and 'gets' my obsession.
He is a good sport to pose for me!















1 comment:

  1. What a beauty! I adore this quilt for all the reasons you mentioned. How cool to back it with yellow. The backing fabric is perfect! I mostly am jealous that you have a friend who was willing to "try out" quilting for you. If only we all had that...Thank you for sharing this quilt and it must feel great to have it completed now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.