Monday, October 12, 2020

BIRD BRAIN or CORONA BRAIN?

 I am stuck with a CORONA BRAIN stalling
my work with all these fabulous Charley Harper BIRD BRAINS!
The Corona Virus has taken its toll on my Sew-Jo.
Well, all of my creativity, as of late.
I started this queen size quilt last year.
And its in "Limb-o" (pun intended)

I pulled together some of my Charley Harper fabrics
for the Churn Dash block centers.
The gray polka dot for background/
Grunge and Solids for the block framing.


And I found this Churn Dash pattern at a quilt show.
The pinwheels put a "spin" on it!
But as I was making the pinwheels, it lost the appeal
and I ditched it...making regular churn dash blocks.



I cut all these blocks and thought I would take them
last winter to the beach...then left them home.


When I returned home in April...the sewing began.


I didn't like the pinwheel designs
but because I had already cut fabric, I now have lots of  HST left over.
They will become something else.


I am quite organized, sew all blocks are pinned together with clover clips.
And I made the blocks, one at a time.


I have to show you the blocks up close.
CH fabric is amazing.











Then a friend sent me some new CH fabrics she had
and I had to include them in this quilt.


These blocks pulled in some brown
which is perfect for birds...you know, trees are brown!



I lined them up on my design wall
to get a feel for how I wanted the blocks to look
and determine how many blocks I will need.
Should I sash them?
Not sure yet!

 
I love it...I have made 2 of each (24 total)
but I need 12 more to make it fit the queen bed, without sashing.

My Corona Brain condition seems to be getting better.
Maybe with fall temps and gray skies in Ohio, my 
sewing room will welcome me with beautiful birds...
just waiting to fly!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.