Tuesday, October 20, 2020

GIFT WRAPPED! SEWALONG BEGINS TOMORROW!


An AQS Christmas Countdown begins tomorrow!
October 21, 2020

Tami Edinger Pfeil of BEHG Designs
has some adorable floor rug patterns
for you and there's a sew-along!

Patterns are free with the purchase
of a canvas rug kit at HANDBEGH Designs

Tami has fabulous quilt, rug, garland,
felted project patterns for you...
just click here!

Don't go yet...I am gonna show
you what I made using her pattern "Gift Wrapped"








Tami asked me to review the pattern for
"Gift Wrapped"

I asked if I could show the versatility of her pattern
 by making a table runner and using quilters cottons.
Then THIS happened.

I cut all the applique pieces and
used Steam a Seam 2 Lite
to iron them to a tone on tone white background.


I had some red and green polkadot fabric
in my stash, added solid white
to make a pieced backing.


The applique technique is a raw edge.
I used black thread to outline each appliqué
piece, three times.


I machine quilted the table runner on my
Bernina 740 with a long wavy line.
I love the dual feed feet that my machine offers.


The finished runner measures 17 1/2 x 80"


Waaay to big for my patio table
but will be great for a larger dining room table.


I made the binding white solid
so the presents "float" in the design.


I think this turned out sew cute!
But as Tami always says...
use her slub canvas to make a floor rug
and think outside the quilting box


Click here to be directed to the AQS FB group.

Tami's patterns go LIVE on October 21st
Don't miss the fun!
 

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.