Thursday, November 10, 2022

TOMTE or GNOME?



A Tomte and Gnome are really one in the same.
The pattern I am talking about today is a Scandanavian TOMTE design.

I looked up TOMTE (pronounced tom-ta) and by definition
a Nordic mythological creature associated with winter solstice and Christmas season.
GNOME is also a mythological creature who is
an ageless and often deformed dwarf who is a good luck charm.

This is my finished TOMTE quilt.
I think of the little guy as my
OSU Gnome named BUCKY


As I was finishing this quilt....I also had a Modern Tree Quilt to bind.
I used the free tutorial by Amy Smart for the Trees.
Her YouTube version of the tutorial is amazing. 
I used BasicGrey 'Hustle and Bustle' for my trees.

Sew with this post enjoy pix them both. 
After all Tomte/Gnomes and Trees seem to go together
magically!



PAUSE for a moment and check out the quilting.
Tomte longarm quilting is by Kim Hensley of Happily Every Quilting
Trees with wind and snowflake design longarm quilted by Patty Estadt.
g

So stinking cute!


The flower backing of Hustle and Bustle is perfect for the tree quilt.
The Tomte backing is a white tone on tone fabric.


I hope you are busy making magical Christmas quilts.
I am excited to have these finished!




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.