Saturday, November 11, 2023

SASSY GARDEN!

In 2010 Jane Sassaman had a line of fabric called Sunshine and Shadows,
that I fell in love with. A collection of beautiful Garden Prints that included
 Coleus, Jack in the Pulpit, Twigs and Garden Tiles.
I often purge my stash but I just couldn't give this fabric up!
It sat in my stash until last year (2022) when 
I found a pattern on PINTEREST I wanted to use. 

The pattern was in a 2010 International Quilt Festival magazine that
was no longer in print. I ordered a digital copy of the magazine with
The "Avalon" pattern, by Elizabeth Hartman.


I loved this design that I think looks like garden beds.
The backing was a vibrant mustardy color (in my stash).
 I added prints of Jack in the Pulpit for a modern finish!
  WIN WIN!


While visiting my son in Myrtle Beach last September (2023)
we visited Brookgreen Gardens (Garden City, SC) for a photo op!









The E2E Ginko Leaves pattern was Longarm Quilted by
Kim Hensley of Happily Ever Quilting.


This is Eric...my Raider's of the Lost Ark kiddo!




I can't even tell you how much this day meant to me.
Spending time with Eric and my beautiful quilt in a stunning garden
is all this Mom could hope for!

I think he enjoyed it too!


My kid doesn't like to be in photos nor does he like any extra
attention when out and about.
Sew this day was a gift from God...
as Eric will always be!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.