Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2024 WIPs and PLANS

WIPs and me!
Works in Progress OR Why I Plan
I love to be organized…planning helps me stay organized.
But with my plans come plastic project bins,
to keep each project all together. 


WIP, January 1, 2024

WIP, started this Zen Chic in 2023 and
all blocks were pieced. 
The X & + quilt has been on my to do list for YEARS!
Zen Chic White Christmas fabrics in my stash for years! 
I added greens also from my stash.  


I made the backing and binding on 123123
Kim Hensley of Happily Ever Quilting
gets this quilt bundle soon and will work her quilting magic! 
Here is her website (Happily Ever Quilting) if you want an excellent longarmer. 



WIP Ruby Star Society ‘Picnic’  was pieced at
the Kwilty Girls retreat in August, 2023
Maude Asbury, Geofabulous I had forever! 


 Backing and binding was finished December, 2023.
Patty Estadt will work the magic on this one after 
we meet up at the Kwilty Girls Retreat January, 2024.


WIP, a pattern test for PEAKS, December 2023.
a Frannie B Quilt Company pattern. 
I selected some baby prints from stash, pieced quickly. 


I have everything made to quilt and finish this one myself. 
Then donate to Project Linus.


WIP Infinite Hearts began summer of 2023.
My goal is to finish the blocks, top and back
during the January, 2024 Kwilty Girls Retreat. 
I will quilt this one myself !


35 blocks are pieced, WIP at the trimming step!


WIP! Ohio State theme, Plaidish 2, piecing step.
I work on this one at retreats only cause it’s easy 
and I chat more than I sew! 


WIP Christmas cut out in 2023, a Snowball pattern.
Maude Asbury Christmas Fabrics are too stinkin cute! 
Maybe it will be pieced for a Christmas in July finish?


Fall Breeze, a WIP cut out in 2023.
GRUNGE fabrics in vibrant autumn colors.
A bazillion HST will test my patience!


WIP Hodgepodge by Modernly Morgan 
stops at the fabric pull. 
I have a LOT of Zen Chic fabrics but
I might change my mind.
Sew this WIP is simmering!


WIP layer cake and pattern gifted to me, Christmas 2022 
Zen Chic pattern, Twisted Geese, her Filagree Layer Cake



WIP using 20 FQs in a summer splash of fabrics 
gifted to me in 2023.
  ‘Summer Picnic’ pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew 
will be a gaggle of geese! 


I am a sucker for the Plaidish pattern,
Erica Jackman, Kitchen Table Quilting. 
WIP scraps stage. Cutting 567 pieces is next.
These colors will be amazing in my 3rd Plaidish quilt!


WIP for all these fun summertime fun and Beachy charms 
Maybe the Love Chains pattern, IF I can
somehow use the Charms to make certain units.
Sew this WIP is in hold for now.


WIP, single sheep block by Corey Yoder pattern.
It is ready to quilt for as a spring mini wall hanging!


WIP Patchwork Duffle, Charley Harper 
ROAD RUNNER prints and black cork.
Pieces are cut and quilted BUT zipper has me frozen. 



Of course there are patterns
purchased in 2023 that whisper ‘make me!’



Too much for 2024?
We will sew…I mean SEE! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.