Wednesday, February 14, 2024

INFINITE HEARTS x 2

I needed to work on my second Infinity Hearts quilt
at The Kwilty Girls retreat, January 2024.
My first one, went to my son.
I had plenty of pinks and whites left over
 sew the challenge to finish by February 2024 was on!


I had some fun red w/white heart fabric
by Michael Miller for the backing.


You can see it here on the right side of the finished top!


Top was completed at retreat.
I pieced batting to fit the wall hanging.
The back is all those cute hearts
and only one seam to get it together.

I used pool noodles to spray baste this one.


And before I begin to quilt...
I give a good press to both sides,
making sure no wrinkles snuck in.
I also add a few pins for safe measure.


The straight line quilting is all it needed.
My Bernina 740 is great for quilting with a larger throat space
and a dual feed option for the pressure foot.
I set the stitch length at 3.75 and put the
needle all the way right on the 9mm wide face place space!
White thread was perfect for this lovely!


Binding is my favorite part of any quilt.
I get to relive the making of each quilt
and feel the warmth as I hand stitch down
to the finish!

Stay tuned....photo opp pics coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.