Sunday, March 22, 2020

FABRIC FLOWERS IN NAPLES

And the Naples Quilt Guild "juried" Show
continues here.
This show definitely had
a Flowery Art Quilt Vibe to it.

I love the collage quilts and mermaids.
sew the flowers here are water plants!

"Under The Sea"
Began with a Laura Heiny collage pattern
with the Mermaid in the bottle.
Maker added lots of extras.
Maker: Barbara Langbauer


Interpretive Art Quilt
"Aussie Dancer"
Technique by Gloria Loughman 

I see flowers and leaves here.. interpretive!


Interpretive Art Quilt
"Seminole Basket"
Velda Newman Texture and Form
Maker: Jo Anne Powel
This was indeed a blue ribbon quilt.


Original Art Quilt: Pictorial
"Trouble in Paradise"
Fabric design by artist and printed by Spoonflower
Maker:  Suzanne Santer


"Flower Power"
Ann Shaw class / Ruth McDowell Style
Maker: Karen Stockwell


Interpretive Art Quilt
"Cagey Wall Flower"
Fabric Paining class by Juanita Yeager
Maker: Kevin Fox

This was STUNNING!


Mixed Technique 
"It's a Small World After All"
Pattern: Jen Kingwell
Maker: Silva Horn
All kinda techniques and flowers here and there!


A few larger quilts that
I felt representative of FLOWERS.

I had a book years ago that had a raw edge flower block
that looked very similar to this. I was surprised to
see this technique...

"Raveling Rose"
Pattern: French Roses by Heather French
Maker: Mary and Kathy Esch


"Affairs of the Heart"
Applique and Embrodiery Designs
Maker: Donna E Johnson


"Greek Lanterns"
Patterns: Dresden designs by Katja Marek
Maker: Silvia Merz-Horn

I thought these block designs looked like daisies/
I was really drawn to the low volume background.


And last but certainly NOT least is
""BEST OF SHOW""
"Paradise in Blooms"
Pattern by Quiltworx / Foundation Paper Pieced
Maker:  Sharon Ralph   Quilter: Carrie Barone


I hope you have enjoyed these inspirational
quilt shows that I have blogged about.
Yes I will make my own comments 
(it's my blog after all) but when I attend
a show I try to be open minded.
I don't spend too much time worrying about
what type or style of quilt it is!
I appreciate every quilters journey
and admire their courage to enter a quilt
into a juried show!
ALL QUILTS MATTER!

I have entered quilts and the best thing was not
getting a ribbon or worry about judges feedback
(it's all relative)
The best thing was to stand back and listen to people talk
about your quilt, that's actually hanging in the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.