Friday, June 28, 2024

SEWCIAL DISTANCE LOVE CHAINS


My frind Kim Hensley and I live only a few miles apart.
but we love to make SEWCIAL DISTANCE quilts.

It all started during COVID 19 lockdowns
and we just never stopped.

This is Number 10 in our fun journey!
Made in February 2024 
Yes Kate to the Vame tunes Oarty again! 

You can find this free "Love Chains" quilt pattern 
at The Fat Quarter shop!

Since it was a February SewAlong
we both loved this pattern choice

!
I didn't really want a red, pink and white quilt
but I wanted to use some fabrics I love!
This pattern is layer cake friendly, but I raided my stash!





I have hoarded Stacy Hsu, Coral-Queen of the Seas
Charm Pack and sew that was my main choice.
I love the sea, I love these color
and I knew I had FQs in similar colors
that I could use for the large hearts.


And Kim selected a Layer Cake from her stash!
Sincerely Yours


Kim has it all cut out...ready to roll.


I used my Stripology Ruler to cut all the pices for the backing.



Week 1 we made the 21 large hearts
I am using a light color GRUNGE


and these are Kim's



Week 2 we made the 42 small blocks.  This took some time
and there were lots of tiny pieces.


And the blocks all need side sashing.


I put everyting on the design wall.
Well almost everything..stay tuned.

Sewing rows is next.
and I trim all blocks, all rows as I go.
Every tiny little bit can make a difference
in the final quilt top laying FLAT!


OK here's the part where i tell you..I forgot the horizontal sashing.
Mistake? or Design element?

I wondered why some of the intersections was thicker than others.
Had I used the horizontal strips (that were buried somewhere and out of sight)
then my process would have been easier
and my quilt a little bigger.


I added the 2 1/2" borders
and all is well.
Backing and binding is made.
This one is ready for the longarmer.! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.