Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cupcakes for Gemma

Earlier this year I found out I have a new niece...
a great-niece or grand-niece?   
Doesn't matter - just matters
that she IS! 




Gemma was 15 months old when I finally got to meet her.   
Cupcake is a key word as I describe that meeting.
She is a sweet as "cupcake", brought "cupcakes" to
the party and ate the "cupcakes" like I wish I could!
What is that in her hand?  Looks like a "cupcake"!!!


  I knew immediately I had to make Gemma
 a quilt for Christmas.  
It is large enough for her to use for several years. 
I used lots of fun "cupcake" fabrics
from Connecting Threads and designed 
made  9" blocks.








A simple meander quilting on my Bernina !
Easy Peasey!


I never like to buy fabric when I can piece a backing
from my stash.  I love this back!




I hope Gemma likes this Kwilty Pleasure and maybe
I'll get to wrap her up in it when I babysit!   



4 comments:

  1. What a sweetie-bug! And I LOVE the back of her little quilt, also. I like all the "goodies" on the front - makes me want to go find a cupcake shop RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I hear someone say "Cupcakes"? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM chocolate cupcakes.

    She's just precious and a very lucky little girl to get a beautiful new blanket made by her aunt, great aunt, grand aunt. I love the name Gemma.

    I have a few great/grand nieces myself. Where in the heck did the time go? I surely don't feel like I'm (cough, cough) years old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilt for a sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt and I'm sure Gemma will love it! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!!

    T'onna @ Navy Wifey Peters Aboard the USS Crafty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.