Tuesday, September 2, 2014

50 YEARS of HAPPY!

Siblings...if you have them...I hope you cherish them.

My big sister, Ruth and me in the early 50s
Don't we look sweet and like we are having fun!  


Well, very few people have had as much fun as  
Ruth and hubby Roger have had through
50 years of marriage! 


They married when Roger was in the Navy
but traded in that ship for cruise ships that have taken 
them all over the world!



I love their sense of humor here as "White Trash" for Halloween


They are now LINE-DANCING their way around the world! 




 They took a trip of a lifetime for their 50th Anniversary.  
38 day cruise from the West Coast USA to Australia!
(I think she won the lottery and hasn't told me)

Ruth and Roger in front of the Sydney Opera House



I was reading blogs one day and found the perfect gift for them.  
Quilt Jane over at Want it, Need it, Quilt it had a post for the 
 BIG CITY GIRLS QAL
Her city...Sydney, Australia
 And she offered this free pattern!



and my version...their gift...
at the 50th Anniversary Surprise Party
   her daughter, Melissa, and I pulled off!
  

I seldom do any appliqué but how could I resist?
   


I used a Frixion erasable pen to drawn the bridge by hand. 
Then stitched over it by machine



On the label I used a photo they posted to their FB feed.


 It was a fabulous day filled with lots of family, friends,
anniversary memories and surprises!





Love you both!  


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely couple. Sounds like they have had a wonderful life together. What a thoughtful quilt you made for them...Memories of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 years, how wonderful! Your gift was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job all around. Wish I could have seen the quilt in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and beautiful gift! 50 years is quite an accomplishment...congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quilty gift you gave them. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely gift that will remind them of the cruise and visit to Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so fabulous. As you know I do have siblings, 4 of them in fact, and I do cherish them so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kathy. We are hanging it above the TV so it will remind us of all the great memories and you each time we look at it.

    Love you,
    Ruth and Roger

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.