Friday, December 22, 2023

2024 PEAKS

I was asked late 2023 to pattern test, again,
for Corinne Wells of Frannie B Quilt Company.

There were 3 patterns we could choose from...

I was limited on time sew I choose  "PEAKS" pattern.
It's actually a re-write making it Layer Cake friendly.


I had a lot of baby prints and so I decided this could
be a perfect pattern to use for a charity quilt.


Sashing is white and the corner stones are black.


The main prints have lots of fun sheep.
and I kept the PEAKS minimal in contrast using GRUNGE.


All the blocks went together very quickly!



I had a ruler and vinyl strip that
made marking the PEAKS sewing line very easy.
Work smarter, not harder!



Sewing this was very fast.
I did keep notes of anything I felt was 
a possible correction for the pattern test.


This is the finished top...just adorable!


I found fabric for the backing and binding in my stash!


Corrine Wells has a new "SKI HILL" fabric line
with Riley Blake!  It releases in the spring.


Not your typical colors but thats
the modern part of her designs I truly enjoy!


There's a panel for this pattern.
Corrine is from UTAH and has skiied since she was 3 yo.


Cute Skiis Pattern
I skiied back in the day and loved
snow skiing in Colorado!
Snowmass Mountain was my favorite...
and where one of my best friends 'ashes".
We had many great runs down those slopes.
Its where he said he had the MOST FUN EVER
and wanted to rest there forever.


And here the Ski Hill fabric in her pattern
'Stargazers. I did this one as a pattern test last year,
in autumnal colors.


I love pattern testing.  It challenges me as needed.
It gives me a chance to use my stash for
a charity project.
I will quilt this PEAKS quilt and
donate it to Project Linus.

Lots of great patterns and fabric over there.
Check it out!

What are you working on now?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.