Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A PATTERN TO "FLIP" FOR!!!

 "Flip Side" is a great pattern by Rachel Griffith.  
 I used it as a "stash buster" for this fun baby kwilt.   

I machine kwilted it last year but somehow 
this post got buried and never published.  
(ooops)

I love the modern log cabin feel...
and the soft neutral colors for any child.



Take a peek at the straight line kwilting.




FLIP SIDE (back)
I used some extra blocks vertically and stash gray FQs
giving it a modern feel. 
A reversible kwilt is always a good thing.  




What are you favorite colors right now, to use in baby kwilts?

Linking up to Let's Bee Social.
Fabric Friday Frenzy
TGIFF



11 comments:

  1. very nice, I do like the sort of half log cabin look. Re colours I cannot help it but I am always drawn to green and seem to be buying lots of small florals these days. Another quilt to add to my ever growing want to try list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quilt. I ted to use bright primary colours for baby quilts, but that's probably because I use bright colours anyway. Someone asked me to make baby quilts in beige once. I still haven't got over the experience xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachel Griffith patterns! I also use a lot of greens in baby quilts, unless I know the gender ahead of time. Last time I made a little boy a farm theme quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Lets Bee Social .. I love making the log Cabin its relaxing.. I have to make more baby quilts.. I have 8 grandbabies one just turned 1 m and due in Nov, you did fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt. Colors are great. Found you on Let's Bee Social.
    visit me at
    15septemberarts.blogspot.com

    I will follow you on bloglovin, would love for you to follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love straight line quilting, it adds great texture. I've been really into primary colors with a modern twist in baby quilts lately. I like how they can be gender neutral and thus more useful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colors in the quilt and the quilting is great with the blocks. I don' make baby quilts often and if I do they are usually scrap quilts and donated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun pattern. Hmm, some bright green paired with aqua, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, such sweet colors for a baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kathy for sharing your beautiful baby kwilt on TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.