Monday, July 21, 2014

PROJECT LINUS UPDATE

 Nationwide Plaza Quilters make a lot of kwilts for Project Linus.
We recently met for a sewing day,working on the kits made from Project Linus fabric 
that was donated by Christa Quilts.  
I keep thanking this generous, sweet kwilter!

Coleen and Janet are chain stitching the easy pattern...
making a top in about 2 hours...including a lot of fun chatter.  
  


Two bright and cheery finished tops...
by two bright and cheery kwilty friends!
3 more to do plus a bag of Project Linus fabric scraps.    




Kits I put together included backing, batting and binding.
Gals will finish them and then, just imagine the smiles that
will come when these are given to some little tykes! 

For me there is nothing quite as rewarding as knowing a little time and effort 
can touch someones life in such a wonderful way. 
And having wonderful friends who make it happen!


5 comments:

  1. What lovely ladies to give of their time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just fabulous and I know they will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so colourful and cheerful, wondering what size blocks they are as would love to have a go at this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. I love the colors. I work in healthcare and I know how much this will mean to the recipients.
    I posted a quilt that I donated to Quilts For Kids, a similar organization.
    Quilters are the BEST

    ellen
    15septemberarts.blodspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.