Tuesday, July 15, 2014

LE CHALLENGE - SMALL

I have a "small" project I'm linking to

The challenge theme for July is a  "small" project!
My Nested Churn Dash  (NCD) block
finishes at 24" x 24" - small enuf!

Here it is on my design wall 
using TYPE fabrics from Windham 
and a few scraps from my stash.

Building it out





and the final round on the design wall
at 24" x 24"



I kwilted using straight lines with gray thread
following the churn in each nested section 
angling on the corners



Backing is a muddled gray and white
and if you look closely you can see the kwilting design.


 Binding is a black and gray geometric print.
It's ready for a place in my sewing room.


 I can also check another project off for  




Head over and see the what fun projects 
come in small packages!
 

9 comments:

  1. very nice but does not look that small the camera can be deceiving though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nested quilt...great fabrics and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is doing a nested and I am plugging away at a BOM. Maybe I need to do a nested to break up the frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entry for le challenge. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the glasses fabric in here. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the fabrics you have chosen for your nested churn dash quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics and I love the nested churn dash! Thanks for linking to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.