Sunday, March 9, 2014

A STORY OF FABRIC IN A TELLING TOWN - Sunday Stash


Catching up with Sunday Stash and
My Jonesboro, TN story continues...at


Two levels of glorious fabric beckon me to enter.
My head almost spins as I don't know where to look first.    

Beautiful kwilts hang everywhere and draw my attention upward.
Did I just hear a baby laugh?  
I check out the children's fabrics back in the corner. 

But wait...I see the modern fabrics...ahhh, I don't remember
these my first visit, several years ago.  
The shop is hearing the modern kwilting movement 
speak loud and clear. 
 
Light catches a bright wall of fabric and I move toward it...
smiling!
The "Stairway to Heaven" tune begins to play in my head
as I take the stairs to the "Sale Room" that I know is upstairs.
My heart is racing and it's not from climing the stairs.
I see the room, the fabric, the sale prices.
OMG, did I bring my charge card!!!   
Upstairs, the Halloween fabrics catch my eye...
No Ghastlies but look ag the selection..
I know the Ghost Whisperer is pushing me now!
 AND oh my, the HOLIDAY FABRICS.
I can smell the cookies baking!  
I'm now dreaming of decorating my trees..
FOCUS Kathy FOCUS!

My story won't end because the fabrics I bought
will end up in someone's home AND their story will begin.





Sew if your travels ever take you to Jonesborough, TN
Sit a spell...tell your own story!

If you missed the first post about this lovely town, click here


Linking up today with Mollie Sparkles's Sunday Stash
with Alisa over at A Stitch in Between

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story of a wonderful shop! Thanks for sharing such great pics and lots of inspiration. The fabrics that followed you home are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shop and the choices you made are just gorgeous. Nice finds, Kathy! Thanks for sharing your modern quilter's fairy tale come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, 2 floors of fabric, and a room devoted to fabrics on sale, I am in love! TN how to get my husband to go there next time we go State side, mmm, must think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you chose well and thanks for introducing us to another great quilt shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an amazing wonderful shop, how lucky are you to be able yo visit, I expect your purse was a lot lighter and your car a lot fuller when you returned home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy!! Thanks for linking up your Sunday Stash with me this week :) Christmas and Halloween in March?! Rock on! Beautiful choices, really cute fabrics, well done. And I so wish we had quilting stores like that around here. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that place looks mighty dangerous. To the wallet that is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.