Thursday, March 20, 2014

IT'S A GHASTLIE SPRING!

I have passed right by spring and summer into
HALLOWEEN!

Kwilting done on my Bernina for lap kwilt #6 and #7
Sending out soon to my Ghastlies Goblin!

Ghastlies Green Portrait
Perfect 10 Pattern by Swirly Girl Designs
48" x 58" finished size


Custom kwilting with back and forth lines
and a bit of meandering here and there.


The backing is a black and white polka dot with a green vertical insert.



 Alexander Henry's "Hocus Pocus" Fabric 
and my Halloween stash prints
This one is my own design.
52" x 62" finished size

Straight line kwilting all across the front
Meandering in the borders




Added 3 black lace spiderwebs as accents.





 Same black and white polka dot fabric for the back.



Two more stash busters DONE 
Knocking out my 2014 finishes one stitch at a time!


Its Friday and that means time to PARTY!
Linking up with...


Lindsey at Fabric Frenzy Friday
(can't believe I just started her the blog...
but I have been ordering fabrics at FWFS)


Fort Worth Fabric Studio Blog

Sarah over at My Quilt Infatuation is
always whooping it up!




  Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts is hosting TGIFF
(Like Charlie Harper fabric?  Wait til you see what she made)



Have a great weekend!

    

9 comments:

  1. Any time of the year is a good time for Ghastlies! Great job on both quilt finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace spider web accent! What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that is my favorite Ghastlies quilt. Love it! And the lace spiderwebs on the other - perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have some ghastlies in my stash. Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts. The spiderweb is very cool, and on the quilt it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous, Kathy! I love it, the spider web is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Halloween at any time of the year - those spiderwebs have great impact. Brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your added spiders webs look amazing and so life like, I have expect to see a spider running through them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love these! The added spiderwebs are so cool! I would have never thought to do something like that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.