Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP WEDNESDAY

Making progress on the


I made these blocks while on vacation in February
with a "QUILTY" jelly roll and some gray solids



The pattern I started with was called Pick up Sticks.
I like the block design idea but trimmed them a bit smaller
and ditched the pattern.    

 All vertical rows are sewn.
Solid white will finish off the sashing between rows



Almost have a tote bag done....
just need to add the top stitch on the top of the bag
and a huge button for the tie closure.

 


This Geekly Chic fabric is sew me in the 60s




And "not for me" I have been working on a customer kwilt.
Custom kwilting a Ghastlies on my home Bernina!



Just need to do the black / gray spider web blocks.
Maybe kwilt a large spider web?



Sew there ya have it.
Hey, leave me a comment and tell me what you are working on.


Linking up to WIP Wednesday with Freshly Pieced.





18 comments:

  1. Love both quilts!!!! and the bag is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those jelly roll quilt blocks are lovely, they look great against the grey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your pick up sticks blocks they look fun. Working o a scrappy Chevron, when life is not happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that WIP Pick Up Sticks! Looking great on the design wall, Kathy! What a cute bag, too. Those fabric choices are fabulous. Have fun finishing your Gastlies customer kwilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag and your quilt on the design wall. I definitely think you should quilt a large spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white really sets off the blocks in the pick up sticks quilt. Love your fabric choices for the bag and the Gastlies kwilt is wonderful. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sweet bag, great color choices, cant wait to see the BIG button you choose...I found you on Let's Bee Social.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. do like the pick up sticks blocks, this is a new one to me. Also bag and other quilt very nice too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the use of the typewriter print for the bag! Fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great work. I love your bag. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on making lots of progress! I love the fabrics in the tote bag, esp. the typewriters. The grey in the stripy quilt really sets of the colors well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the guilt is quite qure...I like the spider web idea....

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you are making short work of those projects

    ReplyDelete
  14. A large spider web sounds perfect for the Gastlies quilt! Love the tote bag,the fabrics are a great fit. Nice The design wall quilt is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your idea of making the blocks and then ditching the pattern. Looking forward to seeing the result!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.