Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Year In Review


2018 has been a fun year...
It started in Ocean Isle Beach, NC
where I spent the winter.
I was only an hour from my son in Myrtle Beach
so I got to see him at least once a week! 

While at the beach I made 3 quilt tops
and later finished them at home.  


Ghastlies by the Sea
A Ghastlies Moments Panel
transformed into large Economy Blocks


Ghastlies Peep Show
I used 4 early lines of Ghastlies from 2009 - 2012
The Ghastlies, Ghastlies Night,
Ghastlies Reunion, Ghastlies End
 Thimble Blossoms Red Velvet Pattern variation.



Painted Forest pattern by Blue Nichols Quilts.
A dark background of stash fabrics
making it a Halloween Version 
with Cotton and Steel Spellbound and Boo
"Don't Go Into the Forest"
I did an asymmetrical setting vs straight
rows of the trees


I also made a few zipper bags.
The Clarissa bag is my favorite.


Back to Ohio in April and sewing was done for a while.
Spring brings my garden work!
May rolled around and I made this Poolside tote
for a special friend who retired.  


June, I began sewing a quilt for a good neighbor.
His birthday is July 4th and Red, White and Blue!
Sadly, Mark was diagnosed with lung cancer.
He is doing ok but is happy to have this
quilt to snuggle under with his recovery.

August rolled around and I wanted to make the
Range Back Pack.
I used cork, Essex linen and 
 Buckeye colors of scarlet and gray.


September I quilted my Pumpkin Quilt
that I had sewn together at a May retreat.



October new baby received this sweet quilt.


But the quilt I was happiest to finish was...
My Ghastlies Mode Make Modern Building Blocks.
A five year project...drove me nuts
the pattern sucked, sew many tiny pieces 
and the sections often did not fit together
requiring "strips" be sewn to make them fit!
Really Moda? who tested this pattern?
I decided to make the blocks I wanted
and fill in some fussy cut blocks 
to highlight my Ghastlies fabrics.
THEN....it finished quickly!
Cassandra Beaver quilted this huge 82" x 96" monster!


I made over 50 projects in 2018
 bags, zipper pouches, table runners, place mats, 
pot holders, baskets, pin cushions, cushion covers
 and numerous blocks or WIPs that still remain on my shelves.
AND this number includes
7 Lap size or larger quilts!

I also knitted some scarves...this is my fav



I am now in a card making group that meets once a month 
and having a great time creating with paper and ink.


I also usher for 6 Columubs OH Theatres.
Since July 1 (when the season begins)
I have ushered 28 events.

I ushered enough shows before July that I earned
free tickets to the Summer Movie Series.
I invited some crazy girls to join me in a night of
American Graffiti FUN!
Oh yes, we stopped traffic!



The best project this year was my sewing room remodel!
I spent two weeks at the beach while my
nephew did all this work.
All I had to do was fill in the color!








I look forward to 2019
Lots of sewing, card making, vacations
and time with family and friends. 


Wishing you a very KWILTY New Year!






2 comments:

  1. You definitely had a great year sewing wise and I'm sure that lots of goodies are in the plans for 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to spending some time in that new space with you this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.