Thursday, October 31, 2019

A BIG AND GHASTLIE HALLOWEEN

Today is Halloween!
There's a Nightmare on Widows Peak!
A GHASTLIE creation that nearly drove me INSANE!

I am not an inexperienced quilter! 
I can follow directions!
I even joined an Instagram Group SAL
to get this DAMN quilt finished.

The Make Modern Building Blocks by Moda

was NOT a fun journey.

I kept giving up on making blocks and putting it

back on the shelf because...
The directions SUCKED!  
Pieces didn't fit together correctly!
Strips had to be added to make sections FIT!

I spent the good part of 5 years hating this quilt!
Then one day, it dawned on me...
I don't HAVE to USE the DAMN pattern.
I gave myself permission to make it "my way"
I made blocks I liked...with bigger pieces.
I fussy cut Ghastlies to the sizes needed.
This GHASTLIE NIGHTMARE 
was finally finished in 2018!



Cassandra Beaver, quilted his HUGE quilt 
with a gray Auriful thread and the
E2E design is called Malachite!

Sew take a look at some of the blocks/sections 
and the excellent quilting.










This was the monster when it was returned
 after Cassandra quilted it.


Deciding on binding fabric.



And the dots won!



Folded up and outside for a breather.



It turned out 7

Here is the back.

I had 5 yards of the original gray
 "The Ghastlies" Line from 2009.
It wasn't enough...
so I added Pink Ghastlies Forest

Finished size is 84" x 96"

374" of binding...stitched down by hand.
It is deliciously dark and a MONSTER!


I couldn't get enough pictures.
I couldn't believe it was done!


and yet...it was!


There may be a reason Alexander Henry follows my work.

There may be a reason The Ghastlies designer, Phillip De Leon 
had me send some of my work to their booth at Quilt market.
There may be a reason I am know on Instagram as
"The Ghastlies Queen"
There may be a reason I am quite Ghastlie!






3 comments:

  1. Love your quilt! I, too, have had the project from Hell. Isn't wonderful when we decide to take matters into our own hands and go our own way? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you knew I'd love ve this quilt and I really for. Congrats on finally getting it fin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live this quilt! Did you happen to make a pattern for it? I would really love to make one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.