Wednesday, June 17, 2020

SEWCIAL DISTANCE SEWING - PLAID-ISH

I had just returned from Florida in April
 and Ohio was on a "safer at home" order.

Kim Hensley suggested, since we can't get
together and sew...let's "sewcial distance" and together
make a quilt!

I had seen this free pattern by Erica at Kitchen Table Quilting
called Plaid-ish....we both loved it and the fun began.
This picture is Erica's Plaid-ish quilt.

Plaid-ish Scrap Quilt Tutorial

We setup a schedule and checked each other at the
end of the week for our goal.

It was "scrappy" and we BOTH have lots of scraps.
We needed 3 color values...
Medium...Low Volume...Dark




These are the Low Volume Blocks




Medium Value (or Brights) Blocks




Dark Value Blocks




The process went pretty fast...considering
there were 567 pieces and 37 Blocks


This is Kim's finished Plaid-ish Quilt.


Longarmer, Quilting by David


Kim used a solid Anna Marie Horner print for the back.


This is my Plaid-ish Quilt



I used fabrics from my stash for the back.



My Longarmer, Coleen Rains, quilted it with
a Celtic Sea design.



The Plaid-ish quilts finish at 64" x 82" of awesomeness!



If you would like the FREE pattern, click here!
It's a great stash buster and a 'genius' idea!

PS I am now on Erica's Pattern Tester List!









3 comments:

  1. I like the way they both turned out. I'll have to check out the pattern and perhaps it will get added to my To Make list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.