Thursday, October 31, 2013

WITCH HATS, PINK RIBBONS and a HALLOWEEN MOON!

Happy Halloween!

A witch hat I made from an old grapevine wreath.
Took the wreath apart, soaked the grape vines
to straighten them out, then attached them to a wire frame.  
All items are natural.



As October comes to a close, please remember to keep Breast Cancer Awareness and mammograms "front and center"

Breast cancer ribbon star background with group of raised hand  Vector illustration  Woman people solidarity  Stock Photo - 12492982

I am sew excited that SEWCALGAL, wrote a post here
 about breast cancer awareness 
and featured the charity work I'm involved in at
The James Stitching Sisters (JSS) in Columbus, OH
stop over to see the kwilts. 

If you would like to find some inspiration please read these posts.

SewCalGal Goes Pink
(donations of fabric and blocks)



James Stitching Sisters Annual Quilt Day
(200 kwilters gather to make chairty kwilts)


The James Stitiching Sisters Sewing Center
(where volunteers create)


and on a funnier note...





5 comments:

  1. what a worthwhile cause,how wonderful all those girls stitching together for breast awareness. I am thrilled that my younger daughter has just been offered a position as nurse in a local hospice, she has done an additional diploma in palative care which is where her calling is, now I have a charity to really support will be using my meagre stitching skills to make things for their fund raising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...that full moon will be in my mind forever! Wonderful work for breast cancer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...that full moon will be in my mind forever! Wonderful work for breast cancer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a lot of sewing ladies! You must get a lot done. Love.your witch hat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hat and thanks for the mooning chuckle. I wish I lived closer so that I could help with the stitchin group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.