Tuesday, May 19, 2020

OUR 2020 SENIOR

Our grandson, Daevaughn Chatman,
 is a Senior in the Class of 2020


That means many heartbreaking things...
Missing the prom, graduation ceremony.
The longest ‘Senior Skip Day’ ever.
For me, it meant a graduation quilt!

I have a ga-zillion precuts and I found some 
by Amy Ellis that read masculine.


I decided to use Charm Pack Cherry pattern.
 Its quick and easy using charm packs!
Not too much fabric to pack for my winter snowbird adventure 


The pattern is free over at the FQ Shop.  
Click here to get your copy!

I began working on the quilt, in the small condo we had rented. 
A padded TV table for my ironing surface and my Featherweight




I quilted it on my Bernina 740 with 
simple straight lines design - vertical and horizontal
Thrilled with the end result. 


The backing is made with a coordinating Layer Cake 
And a couple strips to make it large enough. 


I used the text sewing function on my Bernina 
to add the label info, directly on the front of the quilt. Thanks 


We don’t know when or if there will be a graduation party.
But regardless, ‘I got him covered’


















4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Daevaughn's Graduation. One chapter in his life closes and a new one awaits. I wish him much happiness and success. I know you all are so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been looking at quilts made with Comma fabric and love yours from a few years back. Is there a pattern for Wonkey Crosses? I'm trying to find a really fun pattern for my Comma collection, Thanks.
    paweis at yahoo dot com
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is perfect for a man. It's hard to think of our grandchildren as men and women, isn't it!? I know it is disappointing to the Class of 2020 to have lost the special times that being a senior entails; but in the scheme of things, it's just a speed bump on the road of life. Twenty years from now, it won't matter. Give him an extra hug from another grandmother. I know you all are proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out yang the fabric choice was perfect. I'm sure he's thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.