Sunday, January 3, 2021

A SEASON OF HANDMADE GIFTING

2020 was not a year of happiness.
We all struggled to find ways to stay sane.
I looked for ways to make others happy.
I decided to go thru my handmade items and give some away.
There is no magic number to decide who gets one of my treasures.
..they have somehow touched my life in a good way.

Most of these items were left on the doorstep of the
recipients with a note, Made by Mrs. Claus.
She is one happy lady when she gets to sneak around
and pay it forward!

I made quilts for 2 little guys, children of a social worker
who helped my sister find a new happy life in 2020.
Meet Caleb 3, and Joey 6




My best friend Shirley, has battled Breast Cancer all year.
She is a quilter, loves Christmas Trees and commented on social media
how much she LOVED this Modern Tree Blocks quilt.


Of course, I sent it to her just before her mastectomy.
It has kept her warm during her chemo infusions.
I am thrilled to say, after this treatment...
her tests show she is free of all cancer cells.

My Grandson, Deavaughn, graduated high school in 2020
Sew I made him a quilt.


He loved it !


My niece, Brenda Mahr, received this fun quilt I made many years ago.
She has 6 grandkids and I thought this was the perfect "picnic quilt"


Brenda is happy she now has one of my quilts.


Another niece, Lisa Smith, received a nice size lap quilt.
Another older quilt full of batiks in autumn colors.


Linda Mash, a friend from skiing to Buckeye Football to 
a love of beautiful gardens, with years of fun and a laughter.
I thought this table topper of cardinals was perfect for her.
She has a red bird Christmas tree and these
birds have flown around my house for years.


Look where they landed... on Linda's table.


Connie Emerson, another gardening friend has supported
my art over the years by commissioned quilts and cards from me.
This One Block Wonder quilt reflects colors she loves.
A Holiday print called A Partridge in a Pear Tree
a kaleidoscope of wonder.


Again, tables are a perfect place to display a lovely quilt.
Connie knows just the right way to make all things beautiful.


Another gardening and Outlander friend, Cherie Kaye
was very happy to receive this table runner, Gift Wrapped.


Fits her kitchen island and covered by lots of food!


Another gardening friend from Inniswood, Nancy Freeland
received a project bag.  Her work with penny rug wools is amazing.


I have lots of knitted scarves that I don't wear.
Some of those were gifted in 2020 as well.

This pretty blue and gray cowl went to my niece, Melissa Gordon.


One of my good card making friends, Vikki Almos,  received
"Letters From Russia"


Mary Jo Perry, an Inniswood Volunteer with me, 
and a BUCKEYE fan will enjoy this gray HITCHIKER scarf


This scarf called Pretty Basic was gifted to my
Step-Daughter, Tamie Gordon


This autumn color Brickless scarf was gifted to 
my RED HAIRED hairdresser, Trish Henderson


This scarf now graces the neck of my Granddaughter, Ashleigh


And of course lots of cookie tins went out my front door to family and friends.
I also sent cookie recipe books so they can begin their own cookie baking traditions.


I hope your holiday season was filled with gratitude and gifting.
Mine sure was!

Here's to 2021 with lots of decisions of what to give away next!


1 comment:

  1. You have given such a lot of kindness with your beautiful gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.