Wednesday, February 16, 2022

FIRST 2022 FINISH 4-PATCH SLICE

One of the sewcial distance quilts Kim Hensley and I sewed in 2021
was making a fun 4-Patch Slice quilt.
I  finished it as my first 2022 project!
Sometimes we begin, get the top done and then it’s timing
to get the quilts quilted and bound.

I used Wonder fabric line by Kate and Birdie
and it was perfect for a baby quilt.
The pattern I selected was by Inspiring Creations.
I like the different layouts she offered
and the wider insert strips.


Kim used some of her Bonnie & Camile fabrics.


I loved the way my baby quilt turned out.
Its a good size though 48" x 54"

Kim also long arm quilted it using an
Edge 2 Edge design with Moon and Stars.
Kim has been practicing on her new Innova
long arm machine and I am thrilled with the result.


I used GRUNGE Spots for the backing.
This is the perfect backing for it!


I decided on this triangular modern layout
cause I like different.



The 4patch slice pattern I used way by Inspiring Creations
and you can find it here 

This is Kim’s finish and she used a 4-patch Lattice from
Missouri Star and you can find the YouTube Tutorial here.


Such a fun view of how one pattern can be sewn up and look so different. 



1 comment:

  1. I have often seen this pattern and liked it-someday! Thanks for the link to MS also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.