Thursday, March 31, 2022

STARGAZER TESTER!

I feel very lucky to be a pattern tester for
Frannie B Quilt Company.
Corrine Wells comes up with some great designs.
The mission is taking designs of fabric and blocks 
from traditional colors and style into modern beauties.

Stargazer had me working my testing skills to the limit!


I always make test blocks as part of my testing process.
 These Charley Harper stars will become units in another project.


I soon found out there were LOTS of flying geese.
That's not sew bad, but the instructions made them
one at a time....brutal.
Of course, that was the pattern is  Layer Cake friendly
and there wasn't enough LC to cut using the 4 at a time method.
YES!  huge feedback from me. 
USE MORE FABRIC!


It's important for me to stay organized when making a pattern.
Thank God for Clover Clips.

N
And those geese flew slowly over head...
There may have been cuss words and goose poop
during this test!


I really enjoyed that the background was all low volume prints.
My layer cake was "Quotation" by Zen Chic.
I lovvvvvve her fabrics.


I was seeing stars! 42 to be exact!


Making the blocks took a lot longer to make than I anticipated, but
the design wall waited patiently.


FINALLY...my top was finished.
Just in time for the fall leaves.


And autumn colors.


The flimsy looks good with my fall pumpkins!


She's off to the longarm quilter now.
And I am very happy about that!


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.